• Favorite quote:
“Hit the nail stupid”
• What do you do at AEO?
Structural design of post frame buildings, stud frame buildings and special products.
• What are your credentials/past experience, for working in your position?
I have no formal education beyond the Community College courses I have taken. However, I do have a knack for self-guided studies as well researching and interpreting the various building codes, referenced code standards and engineering methodology; as well as drafting related software. Prior to beginning my career at Alliance Engineering in 2003 I spent the majority of my work history in the wood industry. The experience I gained from working at a lumber mill, retail lumber yard, and my time spent as a post frame / stick frame construction worker provided me a good foundation to building on.
- What do you like about working at AEO?
I like taking on new challenges and learning new engineering methodology and building code required design criteria. I also like that I am still able to work in the construction industry.
• What are the values that drive you?
The values that drive me are Loyalty, Dedication and Commitment. To work hard, never stop learning and to help those around me succeed. Above all else however, take care of Family as there is nothing more important!
1. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Reading or spending a quiet evening with my wife. I also like to hunt and to hike although I haven’t done either in a few years.
2. In another life, I'm pretty sure I was a donkey, mule or burro
3. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start an automotive restoration company. And, you know, keep working here.
4. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is “Listen to your elders”.
5. If I could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve a cabin, wood burning fireplace, and the outdoors.
6. What advice would you give a candidate who wants to join our team of superstars?
My advice to any candidate who would like to join our team would be; “be truthful on your resume, during the interview process and to not exaggerate!”
7. If I weren't so damn good at my job, I'd probably be a homesteader and live on the edge of main stream society.
8. Cats or dogs?
Bully Breed Dogs!
9. My favorite word in the English language is “unknown”.
10. My favorite word that has no direct English translation is Treppenwitz. (This happens to me often).
11. The most important thing I learned before high school was how to be self-reliant.
12. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be a photograph memory with instantons recall and clear understanding/comprehension; or maybe just superpower of being able to fly.
13. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a farmer like my Grandpa when I grew up.